Creative Waikato administer Hamilton’s Creative Communities Scheme funding on behalf of Hamilton City Council. Each year Creative New Zealand provides funding to city and district councils for distribution in their area. The Creative Communities Scheme aims to increase participation in the arts, broaden the range and diversity of the arts available to communities and enhance and strengthen the local arts sector.
1. Application processes, guidelines and help
Please get in touch with our fund administrator before using this application form – see contact info below.
Once you’re ready to apply, you’ll need to register on Smartygrants, then follow the guidelines to complete your application. This will set out what you need to get together before you apply.
There are many help options available through online guides and video tutorials when you are logged into the Smartygrants platform.
Also, here’s how we can help you with the online application process:
- You can ask for assistance from one of our funding administrators, if you need it.
- You can attend an information session (held in February each year).
- You can attend one of our regular funding workshops held throughout the year.
2. When and how you can expect to hear back from us
Once submitted, we’ll review your application. However, it will be at least 12 weeks before you can expect to hear the outcome of your application. Please take this into account when you plan your project dates as we can’t fund retrospective requests.
Last updated 20 July 2022