Food safety at events
Find out what's required when selling food at events.
Register food vendors for my event
As an event organiser you need to provide us with information about any food stalls and their food safety.
Apply for a food registration
Apply for a food registration to sell food as a business in Hamilton.
Renew your food registration
Renew your food registration to sell food as a business in Hamilton.
What you need to know
To sell food you need to have a registration under the Food Act 2014.
Businesses that need a food registration certificate to sell food include:
- restaurants, cafes and takeaway shops
- dairies, supermarkets and online stores
- food stalls and food trucks
- food manufacturers and growers, like brewers or honey producers
- transport businesses that handle food.
Last updated 18 August 2022