How can I report a local roading issue?

If it’s a safety issue, problem or damage issue related to a road, footpath, signage, road, transport or parking infrastructure, or traffic signals in Hamilton (or State Highways running through the city) you can report it to us.

If it’s a State Highway issue outside the city, you’ll need to contact Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency. We will work with them if the road is within our city boundary.

See our road maintenance and management page for more information on what we do.

How are we ensuring road safety is a key focus in our city’s transport system?

Hamilton has adopted a Vision Zero target when it comes to deaths on our city’s roads. Our approach is aligned with and complemented by Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency’s Road to Zero campaign.

Get more details on our road safety work, including workplace travel planning and road safety education in schools (including school travel planning).

We also have speed management in the city. We carry out maintenance and management work on the city’s roads, roadsides, footpaths and other areas, and we manage roadworks and closures. Check out our Speed Management Plan and the National Speed Limits Register.

In addition to what we do, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency has road safety information including:

  • tips on safe vehicles, safe driving, motorcycle skills, walking, biking and micro-mobility devices
  • the NZ Road Code.

Related pages

Minor safety and access improvements

We need to manage our road network to cope with large amounts of traffic at peak times and create safer places for…

City wide transport

We're making transportation better and safer by collaborating with you to find transport solutions, maintain strong…


Has this page been helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.

Last updated 6 July 2022