Please first refer to the relevant section of the applicable Development Contributions Policy:
- Section 19 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Refunds’
- Section 18 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Remissions’
- Section 17 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Special Assessment’.
Step 1- You
You'll need to refer to the relevant Development contributions Policy that applies to your development.
For the current 2021/22 Development Contributions Policy, please refer to Section 19.
At its sole discretion Council may provide a refund of development contribution site credits where it can be demonstrated to Council's satisfaction that:
- the development contributions were required and paid on subdivision consent (“original payment”) and gave rise to the site credits;
- the site credits have never been exercised; and
- Code Compliance Certificate has been issued for the development on the site;
- the gross floor area of the development exceeds 20% of the site area
- the refund applicant is the current land owner.
Step 2 - You
Step 3 - Council
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by a Development Contributions Office (DCO) and will be responded to within 10 working days.
If we need any more information we will reach out as soon as possible.
Last updated 27 June 2022