Please first refer to the relevant section of the applicable Development Contributions Policy:
- Section 19 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Refunds’
- Section 18 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Remissions’
- Section 17 of Council’s Development Contributions Policy: ‘Special Assessment’.
Step 1: You
Development contributions are calculated based on modelled demand, which is measured in Household Unit Equivalents (HUEs). Council will consider remission where actual demand is significantly lower than modelled demand.
If you’re applying for a remission, you must demonstrate that:
- a) the actual HUEs of demand generated by the development are materially lower than the HUEs of demand assessed under the methodology set out in this Policy and, in any event, lower than modelled demand by five or more HUEs of demand, and;
- b) for an activity, the reduced HUEs create capacity in Council's infrastructure network which Council is satisfied is material having regard to the nature of the development, its location, and implications for Council's infrastructure programme.
You must supply all relevant evidence of actual demand reductions on our infrastructure in the form of metrics provided by an appropriately qualified professional, referencing relevant Policy provisions.
Fees you might encounter
|ADDITIONAL PLANNING RELATED CHARGES|
|ADDITIONAL CHARGES for Plan Changes; designations; development contributions|
|Staff time - Administration||per hour||$92.00|
|Staff time - Planner / Development Contributions Analyst / Assessment Officer||per hour||$182.00|
|Staff time - Senior Planner / Senior Strategic Policy Analyst / Development Contributions Officer||per hour||$199.00|
|Staff time - Team Leader||per hour||$214.00|
|Staff time - Unit Manager||per hour||$229.00|
|Staff time - Engineer||per hour||$215.00|
Step 2: You
Step 3 - Council
What happens next?
Your application will be reviewed by a Development Contributions Office (DCO) and will be responded to within 10 working days.
If we need any more information we will reach out as soon as possible.
Last updated 27 June 2022