Step 1: You
Before you start
If you think we have incorrectly calculated your development contribution charge, you can make a request for reconsideration of the charge.
Before having your development contribution assessment reconsidered, please first refer to:
- Section 199 (A-B) of the Local Government Act 2002
- Section 14 of our Development Contributions Policy: ‘Requests for reconsideration’.
Your request for reconsideration must:
- be in writing
- be made within 10 working days of receiving notice of the development contribution
- set out the grounds and reasons for the request
- specify the outcome which is sought.
Step 2: You
Apply for reconsideration by using our Application for Reconsideration form. Make sure your application:
- uses this official form
- is lodged with us within 10 working days of receiving notice of the development contribution.
Step 3: Council
We will consider whether:
- the development contribution was incorrectly calculated or assessed under the Development Contributions Policy
- the Policy has been incorrectly applied
- the information used to assess the development against the Policy, or the way we have recorded or used information, was incomplete or contained errors.
- give written notice of the outcome of the reconsideration within 15 working days of the date we received all information relating to the request.
Last updated 29 June 2022