We work with partners and agencies across the region to help guide us and ensure alignment to improve the wellbeing of Hamiltonians.
Here are some of the strategies and plans we are a part of across the Waikato:
- Waikato River Vision and Strategy - Te Ture Whaimana o Te Awa o Waikato.
- Waikato Regional Policy Statement: Te Tauākī Kaupapahere Te-Rohe O Waikato
- Waikato Labour Market Strategy 2019
- Digital Waikato Strategy 2025
- Te Whare Ohaoha - Waikato Region Maaori Economic Action Plan and Agenda
- Waikato Plan
- Regional Housing Strategy – Waikato Housing Initiative (WHI)
- Future Proof Strategy
- Waikato Regional Active Spaces Plan
- Waikato Regional Aquatics facilities Plan
- Moving Waikato 2025
- Waikato Waste and resource efficiency Strategy (2015-2018)
- Creative Waikato – Arts & Cultural Ecosystem in the Waikato
- Waikato Creative Infrastructure Plan
This document presents a vision for Hamilton’s future, reflecting what’s important for Hamiltonians.
Everything we do is aimed at improving Hamiltonians’ wellbeing. We asked what kind of city you want, and where you want Hamilton to be in the future, and used this feedback to help create five priorities for 2020 - 2030:
- Shaping a city that’s easy to live in
- Shaping a city where our people thrive
- Shaping a central city where people love to be
- Shaping a fun city with lots to do
- Shaping a green city.
The five priorities helped shape the 2021-31 Long-Term Plan, which set budgets and projects for 10 years.
Visit Future Hamilton to read more about what’s happening as part of this strategy.
All Council strategies
Last updated 7 July 2022