What is Council's role?
The Council's role is to maintain essential services to the people in our city while looking after the health and wellbeing of our staff and community who use our facilities.
What we are doing
In line with Government’s guidance, we have removed the orange traffic light setting from all our sites and public facilities, as of 11.59pm Monday 12 September 2022.
This means we no longer require visitors to our public facilities to wear a mask. This doesn’t mean you can’t still wear a mask if you want to – we understand for some wearing a mask provides a sense of safety and peace of mind or is about protecting others.
Council staff will continue to have protective screens and hand sanitiser stations in place in some of the customer-facing areas of our public facilities.
- Wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser regularly
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Keep your distance from people you do not know.
- Clean or disinfect shared surfaces often.
- If you have cold, flu or Covid-19 symptoms, stay home and get a test.
For Information on symptoms, what you should do and the current status in New Zealand visit covid19.govt.nz
Last updated 13 September 2022